Friday, March 25, 2011

Keegan is constantly surprising me these days! This morning when I went to get him out of his crib he covered his eyes and said, "one, two, three!" I didn't know he could count!! He is much, much more verbal then Rhys was at almost two. Rhys didn't really start speaking till he was three. Rhys is very thoughtful and observes rather then communicating.
Another reminder that my boys are growing up way too fast!

This week has been rather dull, not that there wasn't plenty to do, and it even was 'warm' all week. Couldn't manage to shake the lack of motivation, energy, exhaustion, even felt gloopy to my stomach. I'm wondering if maybe I had a bit of the flu the boys had minus the hurling.
Hoping this next week we are all back on our feet, into routine, and having fun!
I cheered myself up last night going coupon stacking, $80 worth of Olay product for $2 - made my night! You never feel bad shopping for expensive items when it costs next to nothing! I wish they had coupons for clothes! :)
A friend passed along a blog about saving buying groceries not using coupons, just buying sale items. It's pretty interesting and I definitely want to give it a try! I think I'll need a freezer to do this though, there is a bit of buying bulk and I only have my fridge freezer sadly. :( Which reminds me of a book, 'Miserly Moms' that actually is supposed to teach you how to use your small fridge freezer to it's fullest. We have already cut at least $100 a month off our spending using coupons, I'm looking forward to saving at least $200 a month by using my space, time, and money to it's fullest. The nice thing is, you don't have to go without stuff doing it this way! We have WAY more stuff since we coupon shopped! Free Covergirl products, old spice, tide, gillet, bounty, charmin, kellogs, pampers, aussie...etc... those are just a few of the things we have plenty of - all free! Come to think of it, I spend $60 in coupons a week so I'm saving $240 a month!
All this saving allowed me to invest in a pantry for our kitchen, I LOVE IT!
Ryan and I spent all last weekend trying organize our chaos house, the pantry added a much needed element to organizing our kitchen. Looks so much better and much easier to keep tidy when everything isn't spilling out all over the place.

Well it is 8:30am, time to feed the kiddo's and get ready for playgroup and school!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When you do coupon stacking, are you talking about using a mfg. coupon and a store coupon together?
Great deals like that always make me feel good!
Yeah, saving on food is the hardest. especially the essentials that there are no coupons for, lol. But I figure if I can get household stuff for really cheap, that it makes up for the lack of saving in the food dept. although we do buy in bulk and spend $150 or less a week on groceries for 9 people (4 boys!)