Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I know... it's a horrible picture but I really do suck at self-portraits! 31 weeks!! 9 weeks left to go... or less, as I'm hoping. =) I guess I could start a due-date poll now, it's getting close.
I think 'technically' I'm ready for the baby to come. We have the car seat, we have receiving and baby blankets, soother, some clothes, a gazillion onesies, lots of baby socks...hmm... Oh, and the crib! We couldn't find bolts at any hardware stores but apparently there is a bolt supply store in the industrial area so we'll check that out and hopefully we find what we need! We have a crib mattress too thanks to sweet friend who gave it to us for free. =)
I looked for a diaper bag last weekend and didn't see anything - I wasn't looking for a traditional diaper bag, just a bag that was 'hot mama' that would work as a diaper bag. I have a really nice one I've been using for Rhys, but it's starting to rip in places and with two I figure I will need something bigger for sure. After all you have to carry a lot more stuff with a new baby then you do with a two-year-old!!
So I figure the diaper bag, that and crib bedding are things I should be keeping my eyes open for. I'm still waiting to hear if I can borrow my friends swing. It's exactly the swing that I wanted so it would be nice to be able to just borrow it and not have to go buy one as they're quite expensive.
I figure I can wait on the sit-n-stand stroller till after the baby is born as if we go anywhere Rhys needs to be in a stroller for I can carry the baby in a snugli. I'll want to get it soon after, but it's not crucial so I don't have to be frantically shopping for one now or anything.
With all this baby stuff around it sure gets me excited!!

I'm looking forward to girls night this weekend! I think we're going to have TOO much fun. =) I found someone that would do manicures for free (a student that needs to do so many nails before she can get her certificate or whatever...) so I thought I'd see if that's something the girls wanted for girls night as well. Have a little 'spa' experience. Tehe =)

Nothing terribly exciting happening, just the usual day-to-day stuff with work, appointments, cooking, cleaning, and trying to keep up with Rhys. He seems to have so much more energy these days - I went out to get him some more hands on stuff to do; I found a coloring book perfect for his age, crayons, more play dough, paint, and he was given a fabulous puzzle that quietly entertains him for a pretty long period of time so that makes me happy. Now that he is older he can help me too, he enjoys making cookies...etc... along side me in the kitchen, and on occasion tidying up the house. lol.
Rhys's favorite activity still remains torturing the the cat, poor Furguson.

Well I'm off to keep up on the house work.. toodles. =)

No comments: