I always feel like I get nothing done all day long, but maybe that's because the tasks before me are never ending... like doing dishes, they're never done!!
I was so tired when I woke up this morning, I didn't think I'd accomplish much at all. We went grocery shopping last night and ended up not getting home till 9:00 pm; after putting food away, getting Rhys ready for, and in bed it was 10:00. I went to bed 'early' at 10:30 but tossed and turned until 1:00. I think that had to do with the coke I had at supper. I know better then to drink coke that late in the day - but I figured because it was fountain coke it was 'watered down' and would be okay. WRONG. Caffeine and I are not compatible, my friends always bug me that caffeine is like a crazy drug for me. Seriously, I've almost passed out I was so 'high' off of two cups of coffee. Crazy. LOL!!
I love Coffee, but restrict myself to weekend morning coffee with Ryan, and the occasional one on a coffee date with a friend. I may consider buying de-caff and see if it's just as tasty as regular coffee.
Anyways... my darling son slept-in till 10:00, not that I slept in that late. I was awake before Ryan was up, and tried to fall back to sleep but mainly just tossed and turned with the occasional 'drifting'. Even so, it was nice that Rhys slept-in and gave me a quite morning to take things slow.
I managed breakfast for both of us once Rhys got up, and by then my family arrived for a visit and lunch.
After they left I took a breather to reply to emails, texts, and other such things. Finally I kicked my butt into gear and started cleaning our bedroom and doing laundry. That motivated me to vacuum the entire down-stairs (- the bathroom), and clean/organize and re-arrange Rhys's bedroom. I like it a lot better now, but then again I always like it a lot better once all the toys are picked-up!! Rhys is starting to pick-up his own toys now which is nice... I might incorporate that into his bedtime routine and maybe if I'm lucky by the time the baby is born he'll be cleaning his own room. Tehe =)
After that I was sore and tired and decided to sit down on the couch and see what was on tv; normally I find day-time tv EXTREMELY boring but Oprah and Dr. Phil were really good today... not that I have enough of an attention span to sit there and watch the whole thing, but the bits that I did see were really good. While sitting there I decided I should stop putting it off and give Rhys a haircut. I dread cutting Rhys's hair as he treats it as a traumatic experience.
I told him I was cutting his hair, then I had him help me get out the trimmers, when I plugged it in then he started crying. So I picked him up and told him that I WAS going to cut his hair, but that it would not hurt at all. I put him in his high-chair (that he hardly uses anymore), handed him a little bag of mini marshmallows (he ADORES marshmallows), and let him touch the trimmers to feel the buzzing. He fussed the first 30 seconds and after that he was happy as pie and didn't care at all that I was cutting his hair. He was quite pleased with his hair cut and showed his enthusiasm by running around the house shrieking. LOL!
Well cutting his hair got me sweeping the entire kitchen floor, which got me thinking about organizing... so back down to our bedroom I went, shifted things around to free-up two dresser drawers on the dresser that eventually will belong to Rhys but for now is half the baby's, and half Ryan's. I filled the top two drawers with onesies, baby socks, sleepers, and newborn outfits.
Then I realized how late in the day it was, so up-stairs to pre-heat the oven and do-up breakfast and lunch dishes.
Now I'm beat!! I'm really looking forward to a relaxing dinner of marinated pork chops, glazed carrots, and double stuffed baked potato's. Mmmmmmmm!!!
2 comments:
glad to hear his hair cut went well!!
Me and caffeine don't usually get along too well either! I can have something with a little caffeine in it (like chai tea) early enough in the day and I'm okay. Chocolate cake kept me awake last night. arrgh. I don't dare drink coffee at all unless it's a small one and earlier in the day. It's weird though because it doesn't seem to effect Sam much (aren't we suppose to be twins?!). That's awesome that Rhys is picking up his own toys, keep encouraging him and you never know what he might be doing next all by himself! =D
I agree with you on the daytime tv thing, blah. I do like Dr. Phil though, he dishes out a healthy dose of reality most of the time. tee hee.
You got a lot accomplished in your day! Reminds me of the book..."If You Give a Mouse a Cookie". Have you heard of that one?
Post a Comment