Wednesday, January 13, 2010

It Must Be Mommyhood!

It's an unusual and rare event when a child in this family gets up before 9:00am... so when Rhys got up at 8:00am it felt like 6:00am to me!! We are definitely a family of night owls, and 9:00am risers. No complaints from any of us, we like it that way!!

Breakfast for Rhys consists of cheerios (plain) with milk, a yogurt, and usually a banana.
My friend Leah came and spent the morning with us - I've been missing her, and it was good to have some chats over coffee getting caught up.
She brought some hand-me downs from Riley (1 1/2) for Keegan, some super cute adorable clothes including a snowsuit that sorta made me wish it was snowing so he could wear it! LOL!!

Ryan had to take the van into work so I had to cancel plans I had for the afternoon... I phoned Marci and she was able to come visit and bring the boys.
She watched and offered sideline advice while I attempted to dismantle a car seat so I could wash the cover. If you have never done this, hire someone. LOL!
After using a butter knife, cheese slicer, pancake flipper, scissors, and a hammer I was able to get the entire cover off. No, it wasn't in pieces... it was MUCH easier putting it back on after it was washed -- but my fingers still hurt from prying out the 'plugs' so I could get it off. I hope Keegan appreciates his 'big boy' seat!!
Yes... sadly, he is graduating his car seat *weep*, he's just a chubber of a little man and out-grew his infant one way too fast! The one we got him is 5lbs. - 100lbs so I'm pretty sure he'll be in it for awhile LOL!
I think we'll be installing it this weekend... and I might cry a little, he's growing up way too fast.

After that I was exhausted... well, and chasing three-year-olds added to that. Somehow I managed to throw together chicken enchilada's for supper, take a shower, get Rhys fed and ready for Awana, eat, and get out the door by 6:15 WOO!
Lucky me I had a coffee date with my girl, and was able to unwind...

Awana is over at 8:00 and that's usually when the boys go to bed so it was strait to bed for them. As Ryan was reading Rhys a bedtime story I got the idea to set up the play pen in Rhys's room and see if I could get Keegan to sleep in there.
Two hours later and lots of laughter, and Rhys being transfered back to his own bed twice. (He kept climbing in with Keegan)... they were both fast asleep.
I didn't sleep the greatest though, I kept worrying about Keegan waking up and then waking Rhys up at a ridicules hour. So at 1:30 when Keegan woke up I moved him back to his crib in our room.
I'll try again tonight and see how it goes, or at least get him used to sleeping in Rhys's room.
They keep each other quite happy and entertained so this might be a good thing!!
The not so good thing is when it comes time to taking apart the crib and moving it into Rhys's room. That is going to be a PAIN as we had to 're-create' the crib as the lady that gave it to us did not include many of the parts. :( It's a gorgeous crib, and it's very sturdy and safe... just a pain in the butt!

This morning my business cards came in the mail! I got them from www.vistaprint.com but I wouldn't recommend it unless you want free business cards! They are nice, and they are free... but they did not include my email address on the card so now I'll have to hand write that on 250 cards! If I had paid for them I would definitely be returning them pronto and demanding my money back! When it comes time to order more I will go with a different company I think.

Well today is a cleaning/playdate day... yes I plan a lot of playdates, but the boys love it. It's +5 and supposed to get up to 10!! So I'm taking the kids to the park woot, woot! =D

No comments: