Wednesday, May 5, 2010

It's snowing. =( Sadly today I went ahead and cancelled Keegan's very first birthday party for Friday. The boys will have a combined party this year. I contemplated stuffing sixteen children and their parents into our apartment, I changed my mind as the anxiety attacks set in. There was no way! Next year I'll 'save-up' for a back-up plan, as renting anything is way too expensive especially short notice!

I am VERY ready for spring to hurry up and just BE here. I could be blading and biking and running and walking and... here I am shivering. I better be burning a lot of calories!
I've been calorie counting for almost a week now - it's been great, I've had more energy, clothes fit better, and felt so sick after I ate poutine today. I'm going to cleanse myself with a veggie detox tomorrow. Ick! You know you haven't been eating the greatest when you eat great and then eat something awful. I wanted to go hurl right away - will not be doing that again anytime soon!

Keegan and I finally had our Doctor appointments - I really liked the Dr. that saw us, but was disappointed that he is not taking new patients. I'm going to try to get-in with another Doctor who I heard is taking new patients. The thing is, both these doctors are male -- and for me, that's slightly uncomfortable... anyone have tips on feeling comfortable with a male physician?
I need to go get blood work done this weekend, and hopefully will have some answers soon!!
Keegan sees a specialist in September, yes... the waiting list is that long!

Ryan is totally loving baseball, sadly for him his first two games of the season were cancelled... yes, because of the snow! I look forward to hopefully watching his '1st' game this weekend.

Tomorrow I have a photoshoot with a little girl, I'm excited -- I love everything girly! Then that is it till Monday, which is good because it's sounding like we may have a busy weekend approaching.

Oh! I also went to my first concert ever, yes.... I am extremely deprived! It was Stellar Kart and Kutless. I was invited last minute by Mary, and then Tina mentioned that she had an extra ticket so I txt'd my friends list to see who wanted and was pleasantly surprised that my girlfriend Leah wanted to come.
Honestly, I didn't enjoy Stellar Kart that much - they were great with the crowd, but there music was boring and I felt it was much more geared to 12-17 year-olds. I LOVED Kutless though and yes... I was up front and center bobbing with the crowd once they came on. ;)
I'm hoping to check out Big Daddy Weave and another band at the end of this month, and wishing there were more concerts here.... I totally want to go up to Calgary August 22nd!!! Black Eyed Peas! Would be amazing to go to their concert!!!!

Anyways, signing off for tonight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Snow? ah rats! I know how you feel though. We've had a snowstorm nearly every week since March and spring just hasn't settled in yet.

Male doctors would make me uncomfortable too, unless it was something like an eye dr.
Why does Keegan have to see a specialist?

I like some of Kutless' music too.

P.S. What is poutine? ;o)

My life can get pretty crazy sometimes, said...

Poutine is Fries with cheese and gravy on top ;)