As I sit here eating a big Caesar salad (I'm starving!) waiting for my hubby to get home from his game so we can enjoy a late night dinner together. He has one inning to go, I have not idea what that means... soon?
Last week was such a downer week, emotional, drained, umm... depressed? I'm going to blame it mostly on the snow. It is June, and yes we did have snow last week. I'm not a strong survivor of gloomy weather, and very intolerant of snow. I need summer, and I need it now!
Each day went by slowly, I sat a lot -- feeling down, and having not motivation to get up.
I think we all experience down weeks weather it be emotions, physical, or mental. I felt like all three, it was just a bad week!
This week the sun is shining, it's amazing... I'm motivated, inspired, and smiley - quite the change!
This month I've wondered a lot about Photography. Should I quit? Get a 'real' job? Am I going anywhere? Where am I going? Do I still have my dreams and passions?
I've had to start back at the begining, the basics... I'm learning. I've worked my butt off to get here, I can't just quit. I need to find that love.
As this week started, I was bombarded with bookings - the excitement grew, "wow, people must like my stuff"... one lady in particular booked me to come shoot her family out on their acreage - for some reason this ignited the 'love' factor. Something new? Something exciting! Maybe that doesn't make sense at all - but for me it was a push-out, a moving beyond what I have been doing, trying new things, going new places, and hoping for the new experiences. I think I'm ready. Sometimes when we feel stuck in the rut we just need a little push out.
I'm generally terrified of the push... this time, I'm slightly nervous but extremely excited. I let go of fears, and BOOKED the next two weeks SOLID. Eek!
I've re-lived an old love... reading photo blogs. How did I stop doing this? If you ever come across Ma Ra Koh Photography - her blog is amazing! I feel so refreshed reading and re-reading her tips, she inspires me to the very core!
I want to grasp the concepts of lighting, and I want to do a sunrise shoot!
Family Photography is my main focus right now. I want to learn everything I can! It's high in demand, and I want so badly to take those amazing family pictures I drool over blog after blog.
Somewhere along my Photography journey I got the idea in my head that I would love to be a model photographer... I don't fancy modeling, but from a photographers perspective I think it's pretty amazing. All the angles, lighting, the everything!
So when I came across an add of an aspiring model searching for a photographer I jumped at the opportunity! How cool is that? I get to learn right along side of her, let the FUN begin!
Well I think the last inning has to be close to over now! I'm going to fire up the grill!!
2 comments:
Can't believe that you would consider quitting, you are such a fabulous photographer!
How do you advertise? How long does a photo shoot take? How much time after that does it take to edit etc? I'm curious.
I hear you on the weather, here it seems like it has been a continuous April and we had snow a couple weeks ago. Blah. It can be depressing, it definitely makes it hard to get out of bed some mornings!
Yay for new photographic experiences! I am not one (but my sis is into it) but I still love looking at photography sites and seeing the amazing work people do!
Post a Comment