I think mornings will become busier as I plan activities and playdates to run off the boys steam, then in the afternoons they can nap/have a quite time while I edit for a few hours. I think that will work well. Even though Rhys no longer naps he seems to need that down time in the afternoon to watch a movie, read a book, or a play some games. He's super great about entertaining himself too as he'd sit and read all day if he could! I think he'll end up being my book worm.
Keegan has been in weird stage lately and will NOT go to sleep till about 11:30pm - I know, crazy! He'll play quietly in his room till he passes out... but then sleeps-in till 10:00am, and requires a nap at 2:00pm! It actually works well for us this way, I hope that's not bad... but I need him to still need naps. That said, him sleeping-in gives me alone time with Rhys, and Rhys going to bed hours before Keegan gives me alone time with Keegan. Works well, for now!
Today was the last day of soccer for Rhys, I'm happy it is over. Overall a fun experience but I'm thinking Rhys was a bit too young for it yet. We'll see about next year.
Ryan still has Baseball right through July so we still have a few nights of the week that are busy and baseball is something I can skip out on if the boys are cranky and need to go to bed...etc...
Today was also the Better Half Marathon that I started training for in April. Sadly I'm not running in it with this non-stop business of being sick I just couldn't train. I did however enjoy the times I did get out to run!! So cheering on my sweet friend Sarah who trained SO hard and inspires me so much with her motivation and commitment to running! I'm so super proud of her and I know she did an amazing job! WELL DONE!
I'm enjoying an hour of peace while Keegan naps, and Ryan took Rhys to the show n' shine... then it's off to work for me! If it doesn't start pouring rain it's a gorgeous afternoon for a little girls' photoshoot in the river bottom.
Shooting has been busy, now that summer has hit. I have mixed emotions about loosing the studio space I was renting. Makes it harder on rainy days to re-book, but I seriously love, love, love shooting outside way better then indoors. I'm not sure what will happen in the winter though - it limits me so much! I'm just trusting everything will be okay and something amazing will come up!
I'm super happy to have my friend Charity from New Brunswick here! Having not seen her for four years I'm loving getting to spend time with her!! Makes me think about the 'old' days, some things I miss -- but a reminder of all we've went through and where we have come. I truly do love my life, and the people in it. Even during the hard, stressful, and sometimes drama filled days. Even things I missed are worth the sacrifice of missing for the life I have now.
I need to remind myself every day to be content with everything I do have, to breathe life in, enjoy the moments, enjoy my children as they are growing up too fast, and just LIVE.
Life is good, really, really good - and that's even after a really long, hard week!
No comments:
Post a Comment