Sunday, September 25, 2011

This summer I discovered how much I love garage sales! I don't know why I discovered this sooner, I just assumed garage sales would be around the same price as a thrift sale. WRONG. I scored some amazing deals and would have to say that garage sales are even more affordable then thrift stores, not to mention you can barter and I love bartering!
I haven't gone to as many as I'd like to, but enough that I need to do some re-arranging around the house. :)
Last night I stopped by a friends place, she is hosting a charity garage sale for Operation Christmas Child. One of the benefits of it being a charity garage sale you don't mind spending a little $! I generally go out with a budget, mine was $20 because I had done a little shopping that morning for props and knew I had to be a little responsible. :)
I got some good deals! An ikea side table (matching the one we have in our living room, so now we can have one on either side of the couch, yay!), three ikea book cases, Silver Jeans ($100 brand new!), a riki's purse, CCM hockey helmet for Rhys, three puzzles and a game, and two shirts. All this for the grand total of $13!! An amazing deal, since one of the ikea shelves alone is worth $10 at a garage sale.
The unfortunate thing with getting such good deals is this high I get, and the urge to go out to more garage sales and get more deals. eeek! :)
Hope you all have found some super awesome garage sale deals this summer! Hopefully there are a few more weekends left of garage sales before winter!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love garage sales to, in fact all my family does, which makes a Saturday even more fun! I am not much into collecting things...but you can't beat cheap yarn for little sister to crochet with, or storage containers for $1, or cute little useful things!