Thursday, April 5, 2012

Random Positives

I'm often told I'm random, but random really works for me -- so I'm randomly going to blog about all the positives I have going on in my life right now!!
April started on a positive note, with positive experiences awaiting me this month.

One of my bestest friends is arriving in town today for TWO whole weeks!! I haven't seen her since August, so I'm super excited to give her a big squeeze and spend some quality girl time laughing and reliving all the crazy moments we've shared together.

Another very exciting thing happened this week, a friend is giving the boys bunkbeds!! We desperately needed to remedy our children's sleeping situation... Keegan on a double on the floor, and Rhys on the couch. I also found a mattress for Rhys, for a really amazing price! This kid is so excited to have a bed, and I'm crossing my fingers hoping they don't keep each other awake all night!

Sunday is dedicate to consuming large amounts of chocolate, Ryan gets four whole days off work and I don't have to work for those four whole days either! Not to mention my sil is going to give me a 101 lesson in making mojitos! YUM! <-- this all came about randomly as well, when a friend gave me fresh 'basil' and whilst eating my pizza came to the realization that this was mint not basil. We both enjoyed a good laugh, and I really don't recommend cooking mint on pizza unless you like minty cheese. :( So what else can be done with fresh mint? Well mojitos of course!

 I absolutely love, love, love our wednesday's play group, I know the best girls ever and I made a new friend this week who is incredibly talented and crafty and I'm hoping some of that rubs off on me. :) I'm not sure what I'll do when Keegan is in school and I have no kiddos to bring to playgroup! I'm going to have to start borrowing someones child! :)

Another bonus is two girls nights out next week, wahoo!! It's been way too long since we've had a girls night, I'm really excited to dress up and go out with some of my most favorite girls!

I'm also excited  a friend that moved to the West Coast and is coming home for Easter and I get to photograph her sweet little baby girl who I've yet to meet! 

Today I'm planning eight baby shoots with my baby whispering assistant and laughing together on how we're going to juggle our combined seven kids into this massive shoot project! <--- totally volunteering childcare, and yes I feel bad for whoever that may be! =D Another bonus is that my assistant moved CLOSER, and by closer I mean like almost literally next door which is pretty awesome.

Spring break!! No driving the kids back and forth to school and other activities, complete freedom to have a more relaxing week not to mention one of Ryan's younger brothers will be here which is great entertainment for the kids. hehehehehe!!

I think all these positives out-weigh some of the stresses in my life right now, and I'm really grateful for good things. Days like today when I have energy and feel motivated and inspired! I need more days like this!

No comments: