Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Day of School!!

We survived getting up at 6:45am!! For this family, that is a miracle ... we are not morning people, and we LOVE our sleep!
Cannot believe it's here, first day of GRADE 1! Rhys was so excited, full of smiles, and gobbled his breakfast up so fast. I was pretty happy not to have to nag him to get dressed, I love that my kiddo loves school so much.
There are three Grade 1 classes, I was nervous which one Rhys would get and happy with the final verdict - his new teacher seems super sweet and a personality that I handle well. Also, several of his classmates he went to Kindergarten with which is a huge plus -- plus his best friend from school is also in his class! This makes me happy, especially since I already know some of those Mum's.

Now it's just Keegan and I, this morning he's been pretty happy watching cartoons which has helped me accomplish editing two sessions and managing client care. I love that I've already gotten so much work done already! I think I have time for another session before errands, supper, and work!

Summer went by too, too fast. I had about a week and a half of not handling the approach of change from Summer to Fall. I felt pretty down, weepy, moody, and all around devastated that my favourite season wooshed by. Weird to have all these emotions when I'm actually pretty happy to be back into a routine with the boys, work is 'slowing' down, and things like Awana and Pop-In are back.

It's nice to start the school year with a long-weekend, not only does it make the first week shorter -- but a last bit of fun is always great! My Mum had the boys for the long weekend, and I was mostly alone here as Ryan was off hunting. I got one day with Ryan, which made me happy... and I didn't mind being able to accomplish some things, alone time to breathe and de-stress, and prepare for the School year. I also worked over the weekend, and enjoyed a girls night with some new friends.

This week is a busy week of work and editing with a slower weekend coming up, then only one more week of evenings and we're down to just evenings! What a change that will be, but I am looking forward to it!!

No comments: