This morning I woke up thinking I need a work-out plan, the challenge is childcare (seems like a big deal to pay for that, as well as the fitness program of choice...) or working out when exhausted from the day in the evening. I want this, and I will sacrifice my evening pass-out on the couch time, I'll just have to work harder for motivation that time of day!!
So I made a list of local options:
day/month pass at the gym, and being sneaky -- some gyms have try us for free pass, that could grant me a week of visits if I play my cards right! I actually love the gym, there is no nagging laundry, dishes, or children there ;)
Aquafit - now that I'm no longer a faux blonde I can jump into that chlorinated pool and work-out ;) It runs Monday-Thursday for an easy peasy $5.50, not bad!
Zumba - I've heard it rumoured there are walk-in classes all around the city $5-$7, definitely worth checking out!
Walking, Jogging, Running, and Hiking - Spring is coming, my igloo is melting... and soon I can hit the trails without wearing my parka and sorels :)
Home work-out - this is the least effective, with a near four-year-old, endless to-do list, and other constant interruptions and restricted space... It can be done, but is the very least motivating aspect of working out. Home time seems like a squat/ab work out... although, I'd love to learn some yoga!
These are the things I know the city offers, for an affordable price, and close enough to me that I don't have to drive across town to get there.
I have two work-outs in mind that I'd LOVE to partake in... Pole Sculpt and maybe this is just made up in my head, but I swear I've seen it somewhere... playground work-out. You work out ON the playground while your kiddos play. So googling that, there has to be a work-out plan for that somewhere.
I've been flooding my instagram feed with inspiration and motivation - some of these girls are SO inspiring I wish I could hang-out with them for a day.
Things I want/need... new workout shoes, pants/tanks and I'd LOVE a pedometer watch that includes calories burned, bp...etc... so I'll be creeping sales for those items for sure!
Back to the diet -- Paleo is still here! Cheated last night and ate DAIRY... I'm feeling it today with a big ole' headache. I knew I'd regret it, it was a conscious choice.
Today I think I'll be brewing up some paleo quinoa vegetable soup - I'm a soup lover.
Feel like giving a tasty paleo treat a try? These amazing delicious CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S HEALTHY treats are easy and amazing!
Primal Fudge
1/2c coconut oil
1/2c high quality cocoa powder
1/2c almond butter
1/4c raw honey or maple syrup
1/2tsp real vanilla
Mix well until runny and smooth, place in muffin papers (about two/half TB. each) and chill 30mins. Store in the fridge! Even the hubs gives it two thumbs up! =D
Off to hit those editing deadlines and gear up for the 9 photoshoots I'll be doing in the next seven days. Should be fun!! =D (I love boudoir season!!)
2 comments:
good luck working the work out in. It's super hard.
Ugh, I hear you!! I think I need to do a morning one -- too tired by the end of the day!
Post a Comment