Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Last week Ryan set up the aquarium... at first I was thinking "fish tank" nothing exciting, just some rocks on the bottom, fake plants, and maybe a sunken ship or 'cave'... those typical tank features you may see. I was excited for him though, I know he loves his hobby's and thinks fish are awesome -- and hey, I even get to pick out my own fish!!
Well. I was wrong about the 'fish tank'... what I had pictured in my mind was NOTHING like the aquarium Ryan has pictured in his. Below is a picture of the general idea of what Ryan is planning on doing with our aquarium. Last night he picked up a bunch of the plants he will be needing, and let me just say REAL fresh water plants are much more exciting then fake plastic ones.

Isn't this aquarium amazing? Ryan's already soaking the drift wood (because I guess it has to be waterlogged or else it will float. He planted the plants last night and I cannot wait for them to start growing! He also showed me a few sites last night that has this INCREDIBLE moss stuff. I couldn't find the site today, but I'll have him bookmark it for me so I can post a picture of it.
I'm so excited to have our underwater garden with beautiful fish!

So now I'm not thinking "fish tank", I'm thinking "FABULOUS AQUARIUM". =) I'm so glad Ryan is much more creative then me, he really amazes me with what he comes up with. =)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY!!!

This is for you!
http://theclutterboxblog.blogspot.com/2009/02/i-got-blogging-award-i-love-love-these.html

Anonymous said...

that looks SO amazing!! You will for sure have to take picture when it is all done! Now I really want to start one... i am sure Chester would LVOE it!

btw... MY GOSH GIRL you are HOT!!! I LOVE YOUR picture!! When did you take that one??

Zippy said...

Wow.
Seriously.
That's amazing.