So I thought I'd write a boring 'blab, blab' post about the great deals I've gotten buying things for the baby. =)
I don't mind secondhand things as long as they work, they're not broken, and they are in excellent/new condition. I won't go for a good deal just because it's a good deal, I check it all out first.
I've been looking at swings for forever now, I didn't have one with Rhys but pretty much every day I wished that I did have one!! I was quite determind to get one for this baby especially since that would free me up to keep on-top of housework or spend time with Rhys... not to mention our rocking chair is falling apart and I wont' be able to rock the baby myself unless I'm standing up.
I had originally wanted the Ocean Wonders swing that swings both directions, but it seems like everyone I've talked to that has one always has had something break on theirs.... mostly the light or the mobile. I was still hoping to find a good deal on one, but even seconhand I have seen one for less then $75.
A friend of mine offered me her swing when she is done with it, she is still currantly using it and I'm due in three weeks so that had me quite worried.
Then today as I was look at FB swap & buy adds I saw an add for a swing almost exactly the same as my friends for $60 - much more then I was budgeting. Yes, cheap me set a budget for $40 for a swing!!
At the bottom of the add I noticed that the lady was willing to TRADE the swing for a Jumperoo.
I HAVE ONE!! I won't be needing my Jumperoo till Fall and they are much, much cheaper to buy then a swing. So I told her I'd trade!
The Swing retails at Sears for $170 right now, so I'm saving $170 on a great swing!!
This is what I'm getting...
http://www.babiesgalore.com.au/pics/b0778eda213843aa007ab8b94e5e6449.JPG
That gives me 4 months to save-up for, or find a good bargain on another Jumperoo. I see them often on the FB S&B so I'm not worried. =)
Now about the bassinet... I decided to just stick to a crib, we got a really nice crib http://www.lunaproducts.com/cribs/maxi.htm for $50 - that's the cheapest I've found anywhere for a crib!!
The thing is... I like to have the baby in my room until it starts sleeping through the night, especially since it will be sharing a room with Rhys and he NEEDS his sleep. So I tossed back and forth about a bassinet and finally found this one except in the safari theme... couldn't find the exact picture. http://www.sears.ca/gp/product/images/B000FLJ4QA/ref=dp_product-image/180-9161598-9733530?ie=UTF8&n=397719011&searsBrand=core&mqnodeid=397719011
The wheels pop off so it can be a cradle, or the whole top can pop off if you want it directly on the floor and not on the stand. =)
Now to find some NICE bedding for a GOOD price. =D
I'm happy about these bargains, I know I saved a lot of moolah!
Hope you weren't too bored with my recent finds. Tehee =D
2 comments:
Great job finding the bargains! I'm not very good at bargain hunting. I'll have to work on that ;-)
e is the SAME way!! he researches for hours before he buys anything lol
Post a Comment