Sunday, August 30, 2009

Exhaustion has set in, long weekend -- hurry!!

The last two weeks have been a blur. I feel like I say that a lot!!! Photoshoots, editing, new ideas, projects, keeping up with the house and two little boys and other such things can be challenging!

I had some 'alone' time yesterday and it was so nice! Well, Keegan came along but he slept the whole time so I think that still counts as alone time. ;)
I scouted out props for photoshoots, costs, and drooled over home decorations. I always thought it would be so much fun to be an interior designer, and cannot wait till we own our own home and I can let my creative juices flow. For the moment I'm very limited because our landlords are picky.
That said... I do have a few creative ideas for the boys room.
After my little shopping/scouting spree I stopped by Laura's house to see if she wanted to go for a walk in the River Bottom. It was good to get a good walk in, I really needed it and want to try and walk every day from now on. Winter is coming, and that limits to how much we can get out.
It was nice to walk with a hint of fall in the air and have some good girl talk.

Back home I adapted our favorite chicken enchilada recipe and made it in a skillet rather then in the oven. I liked it better, especially how crispy they were and not soggy at all as they sometimes are when cooked in the oven.

After a few hours of photo editing (Still tackling the 900 Trash the Dress pics, and one other shoot....) Ryan and In watched this AMAZING film "Baraka". The Filmography (is that a word?) is AMAZING and incredibly inspiring. The footage is fascinating and this guy truly captures the essence of life and the world around us. I was VERY impressed.


I finally found a bedding set for Keegan too that matched my budget!!
This 14-piece set resales for $250... I got it for $40! =D


I hadn't originally thought of doing a firetruck theme... the set I would have loved to have gotten was close to $300 and that's just ridicules for something you may only use a year. I had considered making my own.. but upon finding this one it is a less 'baby' theme and is appropriate for a lil' guy that will be a toddler soon enough. Yikes!

Today is M's second session maternity shoot. We already did the indoor portraits. I'm excited to have some fun shooting outdoor portraits as well! So excited for her lil' one to be here at the end of September! I'm CERTAIN it is a girl and have been eyeing everything pink!! =)

On another creative note, I'm getting new couch cushions!!! Pretty much staying with the colors I already have, but adding a more modern appeal. I shall post before and after pictures. =)




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! Can you explain how you did your chicken enchilladas in a skillet?? I've used your oven recipe ever since I visited you, but would love something more crispy!

I love that crib set for Keegan! Very cute! You're right, its not too baby, which I think is great.

Anonymous said...

The crib set is really nice, good colors too!

Enchiladas in a skillet sound great!

Can't wait to see more of "trash the dress", the ones I did see were really good shots!

My life can get pretty crazy sometimes, said...

All I did was melted butter in the bottom of the skillet, after rolling each enchilada I placed it in the skillet till it was full. I think I could fit seven enchilada's in mine.
Then poured the leftover sauce on top, added salsa and cheese... and I cooked on low temp for about 20 min till it was bubbly and hot. (Oh, and I placed the lid on it to melt the cheese...etc...
Turned out fabulous!
Oh, and I don't use my original recipe anymore because I lost it! Could you send me a copy??