Monday, August 17, 2009

Summer livin'

Ah, life is good and crazy. =)
I am currently making lists, blogging, and grilling grilled cheese sandwiches. =) Talk about multi tasking!
Today is about getting it all done, lists, cleaning, laundry, groceries, shoot prep, and anything else that needs to be done this week that likely won't get done if I procrastinate today.

I'm excited to have three shoots this week, possibly four. It's going to be insane to keep up on all the editing but I'm pumped none-the-less. It feels good to finally back at it. I know most people take a year for mat leave, but I considered my whole pregnancy maternity leave and it feels like forever since I was doing what I love.

Had a great weekend... I think. It went by so fast!! It's mostly a blur. We had so much company this weekend, a lot of fun. None of it was planned either - a good weekend for hanging out with friends and family.
Ryan had a stag party to attend so he just brought some of his buddies along while I had girl time. So good! Miss the girl chats late at night -- brings back memories of teen slumber parties. So fun!
Last night was a fun birthday BBQ for a friend, and meeting new friends. On the way home I commented to Ryan how much I love living here, our circle of friends, and all the new friends we have made/met in the last year since living here. It's nice that we're at 'that age' where we can go out with friends and just RELAX... no drama, no need to be bouncing off the walls... if that makes any sense. A lot of great relaxing BBQ's this summer. It's been good.
Funny thing is, when Ryan and I married he mostly just took on my friends... now, after four years of marriage I'm starting to meet some of the people he hung out with. Wow did he ever have a lot of nice friends! =)
I had never met them before, all I heard were stories... just goes to show you secondhand information often carries a lot of baggage.
Kind of reminds me of a talk I had with a girlfriend this weekend... we both agree that if you get secondhand information about someone that is 'bad' it's likely not true.

Ah, well it was a good weekend and looking forward to what this week has to offer.
Ry's going to have a longer work-day soon due to harvest I'm going to miss him so much. =( My favorite time of every day is when Ry gets home from work. Secondly, when the kids are in bed and we're watching movies or playing scrabble/Crib. I love him so much!!

No comments: