I'm enjoying the photo opportunities that have come my way. Keegan is four-months-old now freeing me up a lot more to take a 1-2hour break to shoot a session before Ryan is calling me "Come back home hun!!" =)
I'm learning a lot, and in some ways it's very overwhelming - but a growing experience.
The last couple of shoots have revealed my weaknesses. I really struggle with directing and posing. I would love to take a course/workshop on this area!
I have fabulous ideas in my head, but when I enter a shoot I get tunnel vision. Perhaps a fear of being creative, or perhaps fearing that the client may think I'm nuts??
I really do need to hook-up with some photo friends an observer their directing/posing techniques!
So this is Marci, I was absolutely stoked that she let me do her photo session! She is due in two weeks and I cannot wait for that little GIRL to get here!! (They don't know what they are having, but I'm certain it's a girl tehe...) Watch me loose the bet!
The first half of the session was shot in front of my living room bookcase with a black back-drop, creating my own personal studio. ;)The second part of the session was shot in the river bottom - which was a lesson for me in experimenting with lighting.
I'm learning to shoot completely manually - pushed out of my comfort zone of using an automatic setting, but excited to see the results of being able to choose the look I want for the shot.
I'm learning to shoot completely manually - pushed out of my comfort zone of using an automatic setting, but excited to see the results of being able to choose the look I want for the shot.I have so much to learn, and new heights to reach. I'm excited, yet 'scared' but I'm pushing myself out there!!
No comments:
Post a Comment