Tuesday, October 6, 2009


Ahhhh... life, I love it!
It started on a Sunday, I was getting ready for a shoot and feeling quite shot. The session went very well, but on the way home I knew I was not going to be getting better quickly.Sick, sick, sick... funny how the above sentence doesn't exactly match what I'm writing now, but being sick does not slow us down! Ryan and I still worked, the kids still played - and there was plenty of smiles and laughter despite the hacking and sniffling.
What a miserable night, fever, chills, and oh the aches and pains and blah!!
The next day I had to baby-sit for a friend in a pinch so with a fever of 102 I baby-sat... and it was not fun!! Thankfully Rhys is quite the little entertainer and he kept the little guy very happy!!
The rest of the week was spent editing, taking care of sick kiddos and a sick hubby. Mum's don't really get a break, even when they're sick!!

These past few weeks have been filled with learning - in a way I feel like it's been a 'coming-out' for my photography. I know I'm no-where near where I want to be, but I'm reaching out and grasping the tips of my dreams.
A lot of credit it goes to some wonderful friends, and amazing photographers!! I'm so lucky to know you guys!!!
Through all this I'm learning what direction I want to step - I shine the best in portraits, in groups... I feel lost and unsure. I know I have to give myself time for that, but I love shooting portraits the best!

I had a wonderful session with Callista on Sunday, we crammed it all into 30 minutes but came back with some really great shots!

Then on Monday I had a session with little Ethan, what a cutie!!

I'm excited to be able to book for the rest of the winter. Ethan's session was on-location using only light from a window. I know I can do this all winter long, and accommodate families with new babies that may not feel like getting out so soon after becoming new parents.
I'm really excited about this new venture! I may even push beyond just newborns and do child portraits, and single portraits as well. I'm going to need to find a stand for my back-drop though. Ryan thinks he can create me something that would be collapsible. I think my Dad may still have his, and I will see if I can borrow it! Hopefully it's not heavy because I'll need to be able to lift it!

Rhys and Keegan are doing great! Growing like weeds! I just pulled out all of Rhys's winter clothes and wow, stuff he was swimming in last spring fits perfectly now!! I cannot believe how fast they grow. =(
Keegan is mostly in size 6 months, he will be 5 months on Friday. He's such a little stinker and has discovered the high pitch scream of glee. He loves to screech, and if Rhys screeches back it makes Keegan very happy!! I may need to invest in some ear plugs.

Well off to editing, laundry, vacuuming, and supper preparations!!

No comments: