Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I'm not a runner!!

I'm a stay-at-home Mum, and a stay-at-home wife - I love it, and I wouldn't trade it for anything!!
I wake-up to my hubby kissing me good morning, he never misses a day and it's better then coffee I swear! I shut my eyes again until I hear happy chatter about firetrucks and police cars, and baba's and Dada's.
Rhys jumps into bed with me with hugs and kisses, I get up to get Keegan and his big smile as he kicks his little legs melt my heart. This is so worth getting up for in the morning!!!

I dreamt of motherhood growing up, it was very blissful and very far from reality. Naturally, having grown up in ATI I imagined myself with 20 + kids, dutifully home schooled, but always rebelliously wearing pants. =)
When reality hit me in the face around 18/19 I found myself in a real world, and realistically couldn't imagine motherhood -- not even sure I'd like it, and definitely not 20 kids!
When Ryan and I became engaged we did talk about future children, he said 2, I said MAYBE 5. =)
I grew up in a family of 3 and for some reason I felt like that was too small - I'm going to blame that on long days of boredom never allowed to go to friends houses, youth events, ...etc... we had to create our own world of play and happiness. It created a lot of friction most of the time, siblings are great -- but living, playing, seeing, and hearing them 24/7 does entitle a soul to some sort of sibling vacation!!
Ryan on the other hand came from a very, very large family so he had a different perspective on things.
My ideal thoughts were to wait two years before children, Ryan couldn't wait to have a son. Well I'm not one to crash on the dream parade and on our 1 year anniversary we had our first son.
My pregnancy was FAR from a dreamland, it was more of a nightmare - we didn't have much support, I was lost and clueless, suffering from a sickness that was titled 'normal morning sickness'. We later found out it was NOT normal morning sickness. After Rhys was born we looked at each other and said, "never again!"
Rhys was a perfect baby, sleeping through the night from the very beginning - and I will forever be grateful for that!
I have to admit being a first time parent was a bit scary, not to mention -- what was I ever stressed about before I had kids?? I now understand the parents that worries about every little thing!

Day by day, week by week, month by month we adapted to the changes that parenthood brings. I think for us it brought a lot of love into our life, and family. It brought us closer together then ever.

One morning I woke up and realized, I'm a mother and I love it! It was sort of a revelation for me - I pictured my sisters being the mothers, and me working a full-time career. Funny how things don't happen like we thought!

Rhys was two when Ryan and I were out on a date - I looked over at a table across from us and noticed the girl was pregnant. I pathetically started crying, "I want another one, what is wrong with me!?"
Ryan comforted me by saying, "maybe you won't be sick this time?" I was a little surprised he was willing to go for it.
A month later we were pregnant, preparing to face the storm ahead. Another long sick, sick, sick pregnancy. Somehow I made it through and excitedly welcomed our second son - two boys, we felt complete.

I know motherhood and wifehood was meant to be for me, there has never been a moment that I wished I wasn't here, there has never been a day where I felt unloved or unloving. I have an incredibly amazing husband, and two absolutely brilliant boys. I'm never running away from this wonderful life - I am blessed to overflowing. I'd say my life is a dream, but a very realistic one. =)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

IT is amazing... and they are wondering to wake up to :) THe lil things are what are most special... smiles, laughs... oh they grow up too fast!!!

so when you having your girl? ;) i will get prego with you!

Anonymous said...

I've really appreciate these last couple posts, Jillian. Thanks for taking the time to write them.

*hugs* Motherhood is amazing!

Anonymous said...

"One morning I woke up and realized, I'm a mother and I love it!"...I want to be able to say the same thing someday.

Is this a prelude post for another one that says you are expecting? just kidding. lol
*hugs* I think you and your hubby and boys are so sweet and cute and I love the photos of your little guys.

My life can get pretty crazy sometimes, said...

Ahh! NO WAY!! Keegan is only six months old -- and I'm SO not brave enough to do that again!