Thursday, November 19, 2009

A long day...

I am not a morning person, and most people would say I sleep-in everyday. Thankfully we're a very sleep-in type family and we're rarely up before 9:00am most days. Minus Ryan of course because he has to work, but on the weekends I let him sleep as long as he'd like. :)
This morning was a 5:00am type morning, I woke up at 8:00 and boy did that feel early to me. LOL!! Laugh at me I don't care! =)
We had a planned play/lunch-date with friends but half-way through I had to leave and pick Ryan up from work for a "I can't handle the pain anymore" Dr. appointment. He wasn't feel good at all afterward so I dropped him and Keegan off at home to sleep, and went to pick up Rhys.
Rhys was really complaining about his arm hurting, he wouldn't even let me move him. He had fallen off his bike two days ago, but didn't show signs of his arm being anything more then just sore. He had AWANA, two play-dates, played happily with Keegan, played with his own toys, slept fine at night... I was so sad to find out at emerg tonight that it was actually broken!! What a trooper he is!

I felt like a nurse tonight, tending to Rhys and allowing him to watch cartoons and eat his favorite - jam on bread for supper. Then tending to Ryan and his ailments, and Keegan well -- he was just cranky from not getting a proper nap!

I'm feasting on Cheese nibs right now - I DON'T CARE, a day like today calls for comfort food. I'll do extra cardio tomorrow to pound off the cals. :)

I'm truly blessed to have amazing friends, and so supportive! Offering to make us supper, calling Rhys to see how he is, coming to visit Rhys to make sure he feels extra special, and especially thanks to Krystal who offered to take Keegan for the night and anything else we might need. So sweet of her!! Thanks everyone we really appreciate it!!

So in a nutshell, that was a long day.

After supper Rhys was back to his regular ole' self -- happy as pie! =) I sure do love that adorable little boy, he's so LOVEABLE!!!

Night all!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

does he have a cast now??

Hope Ryan is feeling better soon

My life can get pretty crazy sometimes, said...

Yes, he is all casted.

Anonymous said...

Ah, so sorry to hear that Rhys broke his arm, but hopefully it will mend quickly!
Like your new profile pic!