Monday, February 23, 2009

Mondays... I usually like them, well not the not sleeping-in part. I like getting back to routine and I feel like I accomplish a lot more during the week then on the weekend. Although HANDS DOWN I love weekends the most! =)

Today I woke up dizzy and light-headed, and twice felt like passing out and I think I would have if I hadn't laid down. It took awhile to feel 'normal' so I wasn't able to start accomplishing much till around 3:00. I decided on just completely cleaning/scrubbing-out the kitchen/dining room and call it a day. Although I will be cooking dinner and doing laundry but those are nothing 'major'.
It felt good to get something done, and I thought it would pick-up my energy levels because moving about usually does that. Sadly no... I'm as tired as ever and still feel 'cloudy' in the head.
Here's hoping tomorrow is a better day, and getting to bed earlier tonight!!

Tonight I'm cooking up BBQ'd chicken, glazed carrots, and rice. I've never made glazed carrots before but I remember Ryan once saying that he loved them so hopefully they turn-out and he has a nice surprise.

Tonight Rhys has a play-date, I think he'll be happy about that as this cooped up weather is driving him crazy. Oh spring, where are you!?
I'm really going to have to find more things for him to do. His play dough is exhausted (literally, we're having to re-moisten it all!) crayons no-long have any excitement, Lego's, trains, cars... he seems to show no interest in at all. Maybe tomorrow I'll try building him a tent over dining room chairs and see if that entertains him.

Oh! Over the weekend Ryan got his aquarium up and running -- he built a stand at work as we left his stand at our old place... then we scouted out places for fish, heaters...etc.... and were able to find some amazing deals!! Right now we only have six fish (cannot remember what they're called) because they're hearty and we need to wait a few weeks for the water to filter before we can add more. Ryan's very knowledgeable about fish and how to care for them..etc.. so he knows exactly what fish he wants, and what fish live well together...etc... I saw some PRETTY fish that I'd love to have one, but Ryan said that they were 'dumb' fish. Hahaha. Thankfully he's a sweety and is going to allow his wife the privilege to own a pretty dumb fish. =)
I think our aquarium can hold up to 40 fish so we'll see what it looks like in a few months. Rhys sure is having fun watching them... and thankfully Furguson hasn't noticed we have what he might consider 'fast food'. =)
I'm really excited that Ryan's looking up how to grow aquarium plants, right now there are a few plastic ones in there but they sorta look tacky. It'll be fun to grow our own. I really like what I believe is called "Chicken weed". A few came with our fish, but I'm not sure if they'll multiply with just those few or not.

Baby news...
I cannot remember if I posted that I got a car seat?? Someone had bought a car seat and couldn't fit it in their car with their two other car seats... so they had to get a different kind and I ended up getting a $80 car seat for $30!! Brand new, never used. I'm so happy about that!! It's so nice, and it's the padded ones which I'm extra happy about!!
I did a little shopping on Saturday as well, and found two really nice blankets in brand new condition... one for $0.99 and the other for $2.99. One is t-shirt type material and is two shades of orange stripes. I love t-shirt material (I guess it's just soft cotton), it's so comfy and cuddly. The other is a light blue waffle weave, I LOVE IT! I think it's going to be this baby's BABY blanket. I had originally wanted to make one like the one Rhys has because I love Rhys's blanket so much -- but every time Rhys sees one like it he thinks it's his and I think that if this baby has a blanket that is completely different then Rhys's there won't be any jealousy. So far it's working, Rhys has looked twice at the blanket so that's good.

Well I am off to glaze some carrots!!

No comments: