Monday, February 2, 2009

I think I've come to the conclusion that Rhys is not ready to be potty trained. He doesn't seem to be getting it, I think a lot of it has to do with him learning so much right now he's distracted... or maybe just not interested?
I don't feel too badly though, I've been doing some reading and found it very common for boys to not be potty trained before three. There are some exceptions, but it is commonly known that boys are a lot slower learners then girls when it comes to that anyways.
I'm having a hard time dealing with the stress of it as well. I'm not one to deal with stress well, ESPECIALLY while pregnant - so this might be a battle I'll just have to let go for now. Now maybe I can get a good nights sleep. =)

So on today's agenda... HOPEFULLY, naps. =) I'm so exhausted I need a really good sleep... I'm not sure I can convince Rhys of this though. I'm hoping he'll tire out soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To bad on the potty training

Not good on the stress.

Sleep is definitely a good idea!

I found a give-away you should definitely enter!!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there in the potty training thing, it is true that boys don't seem to be as motivated to learn or pick it up as quick. But at some point, things just seem to click and it goes along a lot more smoothly after that. If you're just going to be home and hanging out at the house, it's probably better not to have him wear a diaper. Linnea (the little girl I was a nanny for) is now 2 1/2 and has just finally pretty much trained except at night she wear a diaper still. She went through good and bad stages.