Sunday, November 16, 2008

16 Weeks!! Can't believe I made it this far already! Still working on the being completely better part, and I must say preggie pops DO WORK!!
I saw an add for preggie pops on the food network, I've never seen them in any of the stores so I posted on our Lethbridge swap/buy on Facebook to see if I could get them here in the city.
Supposedly the only place here you can get them is at a store called Anna Banana - I'm not sure if that's a clothing store or what? Anyways, I saw on the swap/buy 11 really nice reciving blankets for only $5 - so I asked for those right away as I can't even get all the material to make them for that cheap! The lady selling them saw my question about getting preggie pops and said she had bought a tin and had only eaten two, if I wanted I could have it for $2 even though the price-tag on the tin was $10.99!! Wow! I was so excited, and they are SO yummy! When I watched the program about how they were made I wasn't sure if they would taste good at all... but they are delicious! So if you're suffering from nausea try them out!
I love the swap/buy on facebook and wish that I wasn't waiting till tax season to buy what we need for the baby. There is a beautiful baby suite on there that includes a change table/shelf/dresser, dresser, and crib only for $200! There is also just a single crib that's very niec for $45... gah. I've got to be patient!! tehe.

My friend Leah called me from wal-mart the other day and said their $1 rack had some really nice shirts that could definitely be used for maternity shirts. She picked me up three and they are super cute! Who would imagine 3 shirts for $3 =D I asked her next time she is there (it's the south-side wal-mart, our North-side one never has $1 rack =( to pick me up a few mediums in the same style of shirt so I could wear some now. What I love about the shirts is they are perfect for layering!!
Leah's really good at finding 'regular' clothes that can be transformed into maternity clothes - she hardly wore 'actual' maternity clothes the whole time she was pregnant with both boys. For those of you who have had to shop for maternity clothes, THEY'RE EXPENSIVE!! We only have two maternity shops here in Lethbridge that I know of and the average price of their shirts/pants are around $50 a piece. I don't even spend that much on jeans I wear everyday, and I don't think I've ever spent more then $15 on a shirt. Yeah I'm cheap, but hey... that's how our family survives and really you can find amazing deals when you're in a pinch and still come out looking awesome! =D

Ryan just brought me a lovely lunch of fried egg on toast, that's all I wanted... it's so strange. When I was pregnant with Rhys I couldn't go near eggs at all. Ryan's answer for that is "maybe it's what your body needed right now". The strange thing is, it tastes good and I'm NOT and egg person.

Nothing really new has been going on, just the same old, same old... oh! Except for Friday Ryan came home from work and told me that the truck we were looking at for $12,000 was reduced to $7,000! We were sort of gasping at that as that's definitely affordable now! It's funny because a few weeks ago when we were trying to make a decision on the truck I knew we shouldn't buy it and put ourselves struggling to make payments every month. We decided not to buy it, Ryan told me if we were supposed to have it then something would happen so we could.
Not sure if this is the 'something' that was supposed to happen but we definitely feel happy that we didn't dive into it weeks ago. So we'll see what happens... regardless of if we get the truck or not we will need to get something!!
Which brings me to car keys... yesterday coming back from the car Ryan dropped the keys without realizing it. Later that evening there was a knock on our door and one of our native neighbors that occasionally will come sit and talk with Ryan had his keys! His daughter had been playing in the back and had picked them up, lucky he had seen them and figured out they were Ryan's! Ryan hadn't even realized he had lost them at all. Whew!
It's been interesting living in this neighborhood, we're surrounded by natives and africans (not african americans either, the ones strait from Sudan!), and of course caucassians too. What we've found though is the Natives are MUCH more friendlier then the caucassians. I know the natives really do get a bad rap... I was so nervous about moving to the city for that very reason. What we've found here is that they watch our back, they're giving and generous, and friendly. As far as the caucassians go we've been yelled at, stollen from, and constantly get dirty looks.
I know if there was ever a problem and Ryan wasn't home I'd go to our native neighbors for help first.
No, we don't live in the ghetto -- Lethbridge doesn't have a ghetto, but I guess ppl would say we live in a 'bad' part of town. We've never had any problems, nothing worse then what we've experianced in Warner where there are no police! Our landlords are really great about watching the grounds, three of the complex's on our street have been completely renovated and look amazing no-longer dumpy. What's nice is the company that owns the complex's try to rent only to families, and/or working adults so they can clean up the entire neighborhood.
There have only been sirens on our stree twice since we've moved here and we've been here almost 8months.
There is a lot of talk about immigrants around here too, but we've never had a problem and find they're just as friendly as ever. They guy that runs the mac always gives Ryan free coffee... yeah... MEAN immigrant. lol.
I wonder if ppl just label and bad-mouth Natives, Immigrants...etc... because they're racisit or is it just 'cuz a few formed gangs and gave the entire lot of them bad names. =( Makes me sad, I think everyone deserves a chance... and I think ppl would be amazed at what they find once they get to know someone that isn't classed as 'one of us.'
It was kinda of interesting the other day we met a guy from Jamaica and a girl from Sudan, got talking with them and found out they're Christians! Funny thing is they were equally amazed that we were believers as well... tehe, go figure eh! I'm not sure how long they had been in Canada, but they didn't immigrate that long ago. The guy (Errol) was telling Ryan how it's really hard to find a virtuous woman these days (he wants a girlfriend tehe), I was sorta surprised he used the word virtuous... but I got to thinking how true that really is, as hard as it is to find a decent guy it is to find a decent girl.
Having been on the 'inside looking out' I know not all guys and girls deserve the 'un-virtuous' name that they are given. My own husband was given a label, which of course was given by ppl that assumed to know him but did not! It's kinda like racisim in a way, to this day Ry still lives under a label... I'm glad that's never stopped him from believing in God, or taking a stand for Him. He's always ready to stand up for God, or tell someone about Him. He's open about talking about God even in a room of friends who claim to not believe in God at all. Ryan's not a 'bible pounder', his way is really silent but driven strong. The ppl he talks about God with always blows my mind and his passion for what is right. Yes, I'm a proud wife. =D
Hmmm.. I think I might have gone off on a rabbit trail as I don't even know what I was talking about that got me here!
I think I'm just emptying thoughts out of my head... and that could take forever really!!

Hope you all are having a marvelous Sunday! =)

No comments: