Finally the weekend, yay!
Thursday night as Ryan's glasses broke... this was a huge "oh great" as we know all to well that that means a good $300 put out, and several months of waiting for our insurance company to reimburse us. Ryan cannot see or survive without his glasses, so friday we crossed out fingers and headed out to see if the place we had gotten his glasses would fix them even though our warranty for the glasses had just run out.
The lady could not fix them, they were un-fixable, but she could give us 20% off new frames. That's not a lot really when you take into consideration having to buy new lenses. Yikes.
We started looking around at glasses, and even though I know they don't direct bill I decided to ask anyways... guess what, THEY DIRECT BILL NOW!!!
We were able to walk out of their having 'purchased' new glasses and not even dropping a cent. :)
Yay for direct billing!!! That was such a huge blessing!!
Today was the day... Rhys was going to get his haircut, death screaming or not! I started the morning off by showing him the 'buzzer' and making buzzing sounds, I let him play with it a bit... then I pretended to buzz my hair, and buzz Ryans hair. Then I plugged it in and pretended to buzz all his teddy bear's hair, and let him feel the buzzing on his hands.
Well... he did cry off n' on during the haircut, I fed him full of chocolate and mini marshmallows to distract him. We colored pictures, and blew bubbles. We finally got through it without and screaming so that was a huge accomplishment!! I think next time I do Ryan's hair I'll let Rhys watch.
The plan today was to go swimming, but that's not working out so I think we'll go tomorrow. We want to try out the salt-water pool as the chlorine pools effect Ryan and Rhys... I think they have allergies to chlorine.
So the new plan for today is to pick up Ryan's glasses, and go SHOPPING!! =D I love it when Ryan suggests we go shopping, especially when he says the magic words "mall". Ryan hates shopping, and he hates the mall... actually, I'm sure if there weren't any people there he'd love it. LOL!! I'm excited!! =D
So folks... it's off to the mall for me!! =D
No comments:
Post a Comment