Last night it snowed! Now it feels like winter, finally. lol. Not that I'm a huge fan of winter -- but I am a huge fan of white Christmas's. I wonder if that has anything to do with the song, or something ingrained into my head that Christmas should be white. LOL!!
Last night we did out two-week grocery trip, we buy all our groceries at Superstore because I've figured out that we save the most $$ there buying a lot of things in 'bulk' sizes. We've been shopping there long enough to know what no-name products taste just fine, and what are disgusting and DON"T BUY. No-name is often a lot cheaper then brand name -- and I don't care if it's no-name as long as it tastes the same.
Before we go shopping I write a list of all the meals I want to do for the next two weeks, then make a list of all the ingredients I will need, as well as things we've run out of...etc...
This month we'll be having...
Perogie Casserole, Baked Ziti, Mexican Casserole, Cabbage Rolls, Parmesan Chicken Breast, Quiche, Cheesy hamburger scalloped potato's, Nachos, Shepherds Pie, Sausages Biscuits n' Gravy, and Ground Pork Meatballs. I don't have meals planned for the weekends because we generally eat leftovers, or easy things like grilled cheese and soup.
I love that at Superstore if you spend a certain amount of money you get something free, this time we got a $25 gift certificate for anything in the store.
I also picked up our Christmas turkey!
I'm excited that we're having Christmas at our place this year - Ryan makes one SUPER delicious turkey and I'm looking forward to turkey sandwiches. YUM! Christmas and Thanks Giving are the only times of the year that we have turkey, or that I even actually like to eat it. lol. I'm going to have to look up some turkey casserole recipes or something.
We will just be having Dad, Mum, and Shena for Christmas.... Sad that David and Eilidh are living so far away *sniffles* but I know they're planning a fun Christmas holiday as well, and lucky for them it's summer where they're at so they can lay-out on the beach all Christmas day if they'd like!! =D
I'm not sure what I'll do for Christmas baking this year, I've got sugar cookies stuck in my head so maybe I'll make those. I'm not feeling overly motivated to do Christmas baking. I'll most likely make butter tarts for Ryan, but I should do that like the day before Christmas or we'll NEVER see a single one (he inhales them lol!!)
Candy cane cookies sound yummy, and something chocolaty -- like rocky road squares. Oh yeah, and I was thinking of making pull taffy with Shena. So we''ll see. Maybe I'll get a burst of Christmas baking energy.
Mum is making a pumpkin trifle for Christmas desert, I'm really looking forward to that... It seriously is one of the most delicious deserts! =D
Tomorrow is our fourth Drs. appointment, I'm excited to hear the heart beat again!! I don't' have to wonder if it's growing in there, I don't think my tummy would be expanding this much if it wasn't!!
Only 14 more days till the BIG ultrasound!!! We're excited, it'll be so fun to take a peek inside and see how our little one is doing... and who are little one is!!! I told Ryan to look VERY closely because the tech can't tell us if it's a boy or girl, we have to wait a few days for them to send my Dr. the paper work and then she tells us what it is. So dumb!! The anticipation will be killing us, unless Ryan can figure it out, and I have lots' of faith in him. I've shown him a few online ultrasounds to help him be prepared for figuring it out. LOL!!
I have my first Christmas shoot booked for next week, I'm happy to be snapping away again and hoping it all goes well!! Which reminds me Rhys needs some up-dated shots.
Well I'm falling asleep here, it was a really restless night as Ryan is still sick... so I think a nap is in order - or just some down time!!!
3 comments:
Snow... ewwie. I am freaky out about driving in snow in calgary especially with all the hills we live around!!
That's allot of meals you have planned. I'm gonna have to start getting recipes off you, so I can cook some yummy stuff!! Or actually Kevin can cause he's not working!! :)
Your Christmas baking sounds AWESOME!! I bought a package that makes sugar cookies will probably do that! :) boring I know!
Can't wait to hear about your ultrasound! Must be soooo exciting
Good luck on your photoshoot! You'll rock it!! Are you doing it outside?? Be sure to post pictures!! :)
I hope Ryan is feeling better soon!
Miss you!
Okay, I started laughing when I read that you were training Ryan to read the ultrasound. haha.
Good luck Ryan! ;)
Tehe... not boring! I'm planning on doing the sugar cookies out of the package too. LOL!!
Post a Comment