Well it's beginning to feel like Christmas around here!! My house smells like brandied apples, shortbread, and butter tarts Mmmmmmm!!
I started my baking today -- yeah, a little 'late' maybe... but I have a husband that would eat ALL my Christmas baking before Christmas - and I wasn't really motivated to bake this year, but now I am!!
This weekend while I was at my Aunts she wanted to take me ornament shopping. We have some ornaments, mostly hand-me-downs or things we've found at the dollar store so it was nice to be able to get some nice things and start a 'theme'.
I chose gold and red as my main colors - it's so warm and inviting!! My tree looks absolutely Divine now! Which motivated me to add my decor to my living room. So I added garland with lights, and Christmas scented/colored candles. I'll put up a few more things today and then that's that -- it'll be our Christmas.
I'm still developing a Christmas decorating/shopping/baking routine. Not something I really grew up with so it's all 'new' to me. Ryan has been a great help, and motivating too. I didn't think he really cared much if we had decor or not but last night he told me he loves it that I decorate even if he doesn't say so. Awww!!
We had an amazingly wonderful time at my Uncle and Aunts - for those of you who know them they are waaaaaaaaaaaay too much fun! Rhys had an amazing time too, he finally fell asleep in my arms late Sunday afternoon which is a FIRST! Rhys does not sleep anywhere but his bed, and usually only if it's dark out and of course... bedtime. I was really surprised he fell asleep, not only on my lap but with four other ppl sitting by me chatting away! Then when I had to get packed up to leave I put him in my aunts arms and that didn't seem to faze him either - he just kept on sleeping! So, he must have been pretty tired with all that fun he was having!
My Uncle and Aunt gave Rhys two nerf guns for Christmas, one for Daddy, and one for Rhys. He LOVES them, although Daddy has much more fun and Rhys is usually calling out "take cover" and running for a place to hide. LOL!!
It was good to see Becky again too, Auntie and I went and picked her up from the airport Sunday morning bright n' early!
We also picked up our NEW VAN!! Yay!! I love it so much, it doesn't look like it was ever used at all (it's a 2004). I know they had it professionally cleaned too, smelt like new car and had all new foot mats (or whatever they are called), and didn't look like anyone had ever been inside it! It was definitely gently used by whoever had it before.
I love the double sliding door feature as well, no climbing over seats to get what's on the other side of the van, and the seats have drawers under them for storage - I thought that was super cool!
Well I hope today continues to be productive! I need to do cleaning, do some laundry, finish decorating, and start my cinnamon buns. Then all I have left to do this week is touch-up cleaning, and two batches of cookies... even though I am thinking of making some other kinds of tarts as well.
Oh, and stocking stuffer and a little more Christmas shopping for Rhys!
I think I covered everything here?? LOL!! I'll post pics later of my improved tree, and other decor... and MAYBE I'll get to do a photoshoot of Rhys for Christmas!!
No comments:
Post a Comment