Yummy nachos we made the other day... and made WAY too much of!! lol!!
I didn't take pictures of anything else I cooked even though I thought about it. The baked ziti I TOTALLY forgot to put the hamburger in so it ended up being a 'layer-it on your plate' type meal. The Lazy Perogies were a bit runny and I contribute that to maybe too much cottage cheese. So if you're trying to use up a lot of cottage cheese and are making Lazy Perogies, do NOT put it all in there!! LOL!! (At least it still tasted awesome and got eaten all up!)
Tonight is Cabbage Rolls, I'm not looking forward to all the prep work, but I am looking forward to eating them. :) I know I could make Lazy Cabbage Rolls, but I like the 'real deal' a lot better. So here's to not being lazy. hahaha...
My goal this week is to get a lot more organized. I cleaned/organized the laundry room...
I LOVE my laundry room. No, it's not spectacular... but neither is our laundry room history. In our first apartment there were NO hook-ups for laundry, or any room for a washer and dryer period. So we ended up hauling our laundry to my parents, which wasn't all bad seeing they lived only three houses away.
Our next house had washer/dryer and the hook-ups (in the creepy dark 'basement' cellar type thingy...) once we hooked up the washer n' dryer we found out only the dryer worked. So we hunted for a washer and all we could get our hands on was a very small one-person apartment washer. So one load of laundry took twice as long... and then the dryer broke. So I had Ryan hook up a line for me outside and I started hang-drying.
Well then that little washer broke, maybe the strain of doing laundry for three ppl was just too much of strain. (It already was an older washer.) So... we had to start washing our laundry at my Mum's again, but could dry them at our house because some friends gave us their old dryer that they were replacing. Before we moved that dryer too had broken.
That is one thing I hate about renting, old appliances that break. Our fridge and stove also broke while we were there. They were certainly VERY old so it's no surprise, but our landlords wouldn't replace them and that was frustrating.
SO. When we moved I was VERY determined that we would BUY our OWN washer and dryer. Wow, have you ever noticed how expensive appliances are?? Secondhand appliances seemed scarce too. So I put a note on facebook that I was looking for a W/D set that was in working and excellent condition. Lot's of replies, but the best was a girl who had just bought a set before moving in their new home only to find the new home had a brand new set of it's own. So she only used the set she had bought for a little under six months. I love, love, love my working washer n' dryer! The plus-side is that I feel like they are BRAND NEW (which they pretty much are) I even saw them still at sears the other day when I was there. =)
Anyways... I'm happy that my laundry room is all organized and I was able to fit more stuff in there then I had before.
Next up, Rhys's CLOSET. It's been a bit of work as Rhys is in there like a dirty shirt while I'm trying to organize and go through what he thinks is all stuff needing to be added to his toy box. LOL!!
I'm trying to fit more boxes on the shelves so I can have more room in the storage room for stuff that really needs storing. The storage in Rhys's closet will be shoes, outdoor wear, clothes...etc... that are too small but can be used for the next baby. Baby toys and accessories, strollers....etc... will be in there too.
After his closet is done, then I need to tackle the storage room and get everything BACK in there which is currently in my bedroom waiting to be organized.
Our weekend was good, kinda lazy... we didn't do a whole lot. Mostly played games and watched movies. Ryan got into a baking mood and made coconut-butterscotch chip cookies and apple pie, I think we might have to finish off that pie tonight! ;)
Monday I went out with my friend Leah for lunch, we're both huge fans of Edo - especially since it fresh and you get to watch them cook it for you. =)
Ryan ended up getting half-a-day as well so it was nice having an extended 'weekend' of sorts with him.
Today I'm just finishing up a photoshop project for a friend, she'll stop by in a bit to pick that up and hopefully give me some helpful tips on making cabbage rolls one of her favorite meals. =)
Other then that, just cleaning, cooking, laundry... all the normal weekly stuff going on!!
1 comment:
Love the pantry!! I totally know what you mean about it being organized and stuff!!
That's funny about the preggo brain! I remember a girl I worked with in lethy had the same thing except when she was working with customers!!
Good luck on your organizing!! Seems like your feeling better!!
Be sure to post photo's of your photo shopping work!
Post a Comment