Ryan only had half a day on Friday, I was so excited to get extra time with him - almost feels like a long weekend!! =)
In the afternoon we ran some errands together before hanging out with Mike, Leah, and the boys. It was a nice relaxing afternoon - totally felt like the weekend already! =)
Despite the Chinook winds, which have died down quite a bit already - it's been a lovely weekend. Sun shining bright, snow melting (yay!), feels like SPRING!! I can't believe it's already February -- I"M SO HAPPY!! Hopefully February goes by as fast as January did. =) I'll just have to keep busy to distract myself and make time fly.
Yay for magnadoodles! =) Ryan was drawing pictures of our family today to give Rhys a visual of what is to come. We talk about his baby brother often, and now that I have a big tummy I think it might be sinking in a little bit that there is something IN THERE. Last night Rhys was so sweet, Ryan said "give the baby a kiss" and he came over and gave my tummy a big kiss. Aww!!
Last night the baby stuck his little foot out so far we could feel it! It was fun feeling the little toes, especially for Ryan because he doesn't get to feel every little movement - his baby times are in the evening or early in the morning before he gets up. Ryan will often phone me in the morning from work and say "the baby sure was dancing around this morning" tehe, I sleep quite soundly through it. =)
Rhys is getting so big, it blows my mind!! All his clothes are so grown up, he's gone from teddy's to dinosaurs, rattles to playdough. His favorite foods are pizza and spaghetti. His favorite drink is milk. His top favorite activities are playing outside, or playing playdough. He plays playdough all day long that most of it is already drying out - yay for the dollar store that sells playdough (the real brand name stuff) for only $1!! =)
Rhys now talks non-stop. I like to listen-in on his before bedtime conversations with Ryan, they're two peas in a pod - completely nutty and hilarious they make me laugh so much.
I love it that Rhys will randomly come up to either Ryan or I and say "I lub you". Melts my heart!
Lately Rhys has wanted to help me with cooking, if he sees me with a bowl and mixing spoon at the counter he will pull up a chair. I'm so glad he's such a neat and tidy little guy - he mixes so nicely and keeps it all in the bowl. ;)
I love our little family so much, I wouldn't trade my boys for anything!! It's amazing how much your life can change in four short years, and how you can grow to love three separate people so much you'd die for them.
This morning Ryan went out and bought breakfast, it's sort of become a fun weekend tradition for us. Sometimes we'll skip eating in and go out with friends. I love doing that for breakfast, and breakfast seems to be a very favorite meal around here. I love that morning coffee and conversation... and then the rest of the day starts but you had that relaxing start to a crazy day and it's awesome.
After our coffee and conversation time Ryan ran out to have coffee with a friend he hasn't seen in a long time and that gave me a chance to get dressed, get Rhys dressed, tidy-up, throw-in some laundry, and catch-up with emails...etc...
This afternoon we're running some errands and just enjoying the nice sunshine before I head out with a girlfriend for some girl time. =)
Later tonight we're going to watch Saw V. Let me just say... NOT MY IDEA!! I despise horror movies lol, but somehow it's easier to watch when you have a bunch of friends over and sort of conversation flowing. Gah. I get to pick a movie next, it won't have anything to do with a saw that's for sure. LOL!!
Tomorrow we're going to our first BBQ of THIS YEAR! YAY!! Okay, so it's early for a BBQ, but it's nice enough out - and we'll be eating in-doors. =)
That pretty much sums up the weekend! Seems busy, but it's also quite relaxing so that's nice.
Then back to day-to-day life, although we might go away for a few days next weekend so planning for that might make this week coming up fly by pretty fast.
So I'm off to do some shopping... hope I didn't bore you all!! Tehe! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment