Sunday, June 7, 2009

Gotta feel the burn!!

Well I am officially four weeks pp and I'm feeling like I can really get into a good work-out routine now. I know 'they' like you to wait six weeks pp but I'm feeling all healed and ready to go! Every time I step outside I just feel like RUNNING!!!

So how do you work-out with a busy schedule and two kids??

Anyone that has a toddler/preschooler knows that they LOVE getting attention from their Mum... well, from anyone in general. LOL!! I found this AWESOME ab work-out that'll make Rhys one happy little boy, check it out! http://workoutmommy.com/2008/04/07/wall-squats-plus-one-toddler-please/

Thankfully I have a friend that is taking working out and getting into shape as seriously as I am, last week we started power walking together on her lunch break... we managed to get that in twice. I'd like to work that up to 2-3 times a week at least, and lucky me it gives me a 30-40 minute break from the boys. =)

Ry's planning on buying some weights for his workout... and I mentioned to him that his birthday is coming up and that he would like a Wii!!! Okay, okay... I confess, I'd like him to have a Wii so I can get an EA Sport Active. =D
I have heard rumors the the 360 has some work-out stuff to, like a Wii fit/active but I've never seen anything like it so I may have to do some looking around... would make sense seeing as we already have a 360... Although Wii's are a lot of fun! ;)

Today my body aches... I spent an entire day cleaning ever single spot in our house getting ready for Rhys's party. Some portions of my house ended up being cleaned twice, do to a three-year-old that thinks un-cleaning is much more fun then cleaning.
That totally makes it sound like I NEVER clean LOL!! Let's just say I never clean for an entire day, non-stop scrubbing out ever little nook and cranny. My work-load gets divided into a 7-day week so not so much of a workout then. Hmmm... I wonder how many calories that was burned?

Evil things... Clam Chowder Ry made, delicious... but evil! It's overflowing with bacon, clams, cream, milk... FAT!! Leftover birthday cake...ugh, and the OH SO DELICIOUS butter cream icing -RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!! POP, bad, bad, bad!! I think that about cuts it for the evil stuff lurking in my fridge... I'm sending that cake to work with Ry so it'll stop staring at me. =(

Ahhhh... So excited to be back here, working out and feeling amazing. I'd really like to loose 7lbs in the next two weeks and I know that is totally achievable if I behave. =D
So far it has been a great loss of 23lbs. the last four weeks and it has felt great - great knowing that there really isn't that much further to go either really. Im' planning a really active Summer of feeling the burn, and that's not the sunburn I'm talking about. =D
Ry's on-board with me and that makes it even more fabulous!! We've been discussing extra things to toss in besides our regular work-out routines. I've requested going kayaking - can't wait! =D

Next... swimsuit shopping. =D

No comments: