Friday, June 19, 2009

Morning cuddles and other fun stuff...

I love being a Mum. I don't think there is any way possible to describe what it feels like to be a Mum, but those of you who have been, or that are there know. =)
9:30 came just a little to early for my liking this morning... I know, I'm complaining that my kids woke up at 9:30 when the average child seems to get up somewhere between 6:00 - 7:00. LOL!!
My morning doesn't really start slow... I feed Keegan, plop Rhys on the potty, then fill a bowl with cheerios and peal a banana for Rhys. I grab an orange for myself and subconsciously think "how many calories are in an orange??" It's just an orange, I know... but I think that about everything these days as I try to shed those last 13lbs. to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight.
I have some cuddle time with Keegan while Rhys eats. Keegan is such a cuddler... Rhys never really was, so I'm enjoying all this cuddle time! It must have been a good cuddle because Keegan fell right to sleep. I transfered him to the couch for his nap. I need to start taking him downstairs to his bassinet for nap times but Ryan's sleeping in there till 10:00-11:00 as he doesn't get home from work till 1:30 am, so I don't want Keegan waking up to wake Ryan up when he needs sleep.
Rhys is done breakfast and back on the potty he goes... let's just say I HATED potty training until two days ago when I got the bright idea to try pullups. Everyone tells me pullups don't work - IT'S A LIE!! =D I had been potty training Rhys for an entire week in underwear, he peed once in the potty and I spent all day scrubbing at the carpet. BLAH.=( I was so stressed out and frustrated and it was putting a little tension between Rhys and I. I know, small thing to be all uptight about but I was just not handling it well. I bought pullups two days ago, so far we've had three pees, and too poo's (sorry if that's TMI!) in the potty! =D I am SO, SO happy!!!
I have a big treat container for Rhys, it has rockets, suckers, lolli's, sour worms, and stickers in it... guess what he goes for... STICKERS!! I love my child that chooses stickers over candy! (I hope that saves me a lot of money at the dentist!)
Rhys is now willing to go, puts himself on the potty... and even though he usually ends up with scrunched up pants, and on backwards I'm happy that he is graduating into the world of being BIG BOY.=D NO MORE DIAPERS... well, except for Keegan but it's not quite as gross. ;)

Keegan is sleeping, Rhys is enjoying a few cartoons because Friday morning is our Saturday morning as our weekends starts Friday. I allow morning cartoons on the weekends. I get all my cleaning...etc... done during the week (hopefully) and then I'm able to do what I want Friday morning. It's nice... although sometimes kids throw a wrench in that plan! LOL!

We were planning an attempting to go camping this weekend but there are threats of rain and it has been a lot cooler... probably too cool to camp with a newborn. So the plan is day trips. Which are just as fun, and then I get to sleep in my own bed and have the luxury's of a flushing toilet and a shower I don't have to wear flip-flops in. =D

I found a fabulous recipe for 'granola bars'... SO easy, and EVIL!!! All you have to do is bring 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup of honey (or corn syrup) to a boil... remove from heat, add 1/2 cup peanut butter and mix it all together. In another bowl mix 1 1/2 cups of rice krispies and 1 1/2 cups of quick oats, and 1/2 cup of peanuts (I used salted), and 1/3 cup of mini chocolate chips. Then mix all the ingredient together and press down in a 9 X 13 pan. (smaller if you want thicker bars.)
Press them down REALLY good so they are compacted... this way they won't crumble when you go to eat them.
ENJOY!! I'm also thinking they would be great with mini marshmallows for a s'more type bar, or craisins for a trail mix type bar. Probably could do lots of different variations. =D

Well I'm off to do some more potty plopping, and tackle the never ending pile of laundry. (So glad I only have two kids, cannot imagine the laundry with say...10!OMG!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I'm gonna try your granola bar recipe sounds good compared to store bought