Last Saturday we went up to the pass for Father's day to do some hiking and fishing, it was SO relaxing and beautiful. We did a short hike and we both commented on how much we had missed hiking. I grew-up on a mountain, ie... my Dad liked to take us hiking/rock climbing a lot and we usually had to tough it. I admit there were fun times, but I rather like Ryan and my more relaxed version of hiking/climbing... we don't feel the need to conquer the mountain - but having a good time is a must!!
We did a lot of exploring up by Carbondale and found a great place to fish, camp, and hike way out in the outback. I'm not sure I'd take the boys to camp out there... being it's just a bunch of land for you to choose where to place your tent/trailer... no power, bathrooms, picnic tables... NOTHING. Something we'd like to do as a get-away with just the two of us for a fun time. Maybe closer to the end of summer.
Not too sure yet if we'll be camping with Keegan this summer, we did talk today about maybe going out to Kookanoosa as when we've been there it did not get cold at night at all.
My Dad was really sweet and bought Rhys and Keegan sleeping bags today, someday the boys will have to all go on a camping trip together and see how Grandpa roughs it in the outback. I rarely enjoy camping where there is now shower. LOL!!
Anyways... highlights of our trip were the Jelly Belly's R&K gave Ryan for Father's Day, the AMAZING coffee Ryan made for the trip (I swear it was the best I ever had), our first hike with the boys, and exploring. =)
Monday Callista and Jackson came for the afternoon, Rhys gets along with Jack really well despite the age difference. They had fun wrestling and laughing together.
Tuesday Nellianne and Clae stopped by, Rhys plays REALLY well with Clae - I think he gets along with Clae the best out of all his friends. They enjoyed some good ole' hockey (house hockey that is...) together while Nell and I caught up. Can't wait till her lil' baby is born in November!
Wednesday Leah brought her two boys over and we headed off to the park to let the kids run off steam and enjoy a slurpee. Rhys learned how to climb to the very top of the playground without any help, he was quite proud about that!! He's a great little runner/walker but he started lagging quite a bit when it was time to walk back home (not far at all really...) so I'm thinking I will need to get a double stroller or carry Keegan in the carrier so Rhys can ride on the stroller. Poor little guy!!
Today my Mum stopped by for a visit and to show my some material samples from the special blankets she is making the boys. SO CUTE! Rhys's has a camo frog pattern on the back, it is so sweet! He is going to love it as he thinks frogs are just the best!! =D Rhys LOVES it when Grandma comes over... all you here is "Grandma, grandma, grandma" he has to have her full attention. LOL!!
There were two other friends I was supposed to meet-up with this week but it didn't work out sadly, as did the lack of power walks. Next week I'll really have to pound it!! Well, I think we'll probably get-in a hike this weekend. We're just lovin' this gorgeous weather that allows us to get outdoors!!
Can't wait for my weekend to start, LOVE that it starts on Fridays' now!!
Oh... and BOOOO our oven is still not fixed. =(
No comments:
Post a Comment