Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008-2009

Wow, I cannot believe how fast 2009 arrived!!
I rarely write year-end letters, and if I do it's in a non-traditional way at least that's how I feel about it!! LOL!!

2008 started a lot of changes for our family, big decisions were made, and in a way we felt like we were stepping out into a big adventure that would definitely change our lives. I felt like 2008 was so unpredictable, and really had no idea what it would bring.

January-February were spent house hunting, un-sure weather we should buy or rent it was an up and down yo-yo of decisions.
We spent a lot of time looking in Warner and area not too sure we wanted to leave the quite privacy of a small town.
When we started looking for places in the city I felt certain that this was the direction we were supposed to go, but it was overwhelming and frustrating - not much was available and our search seemed endless.
Two-weeks before we had to be out of our house (that sold), we found the perfect place - we were completely amazed and knew it was definitely a God thing!!
We were able to move-in March 1st, thanks to the help of friends and family, not to mention my wonderful Uncle and Aunt who came down from Calgary bright and early and made several trips to and from Warner just for us, it was a huge blessing!!
This move was 'huge' for us in many ways, moving to the city a place that Ryan never saw himself... and a place I was un-familiar with growing up in the country!!
The move was so good for us, from the beginning we knew this is where we were supposed to be, and knew that good changes would come from this move.

The next few months we were able to settle-in, meet new people, and create stronger friendships. It's been fun having so many close friends so near, we felt quite secluded out in Warner - now it just seems normal that we'd see friends nearly everyday and someone popping by for coffee is not unusual. I love it! =)
We also spent a lot of time discovering what was around us, we're very fortunate to live right by four really awesome parks, one with a lake and actual playground and the others by the river and more rustic with trails and hiking.
We live on the edge of the city so it's nice that we still have some country here - not that this city is very big at all!
We also live right by a family pool, tennis court, soccer field... and other amenities which is really nice!
Rhys and I have spent many days walking to and from the pool for some splash time. =) We've also done a lot of walking to the lake/park, and it's been nice to have friends that enjoy these walks with us. =)
In May we celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary, and Rhys's 2nd birthday - it was a full house here and a lot of fun!!

June-August were very busy months for us, Ryan's 26th birthday (wow he's getting old!! LOL!!) We spent a week camping with friends at Lunbreck falls, which was a very special time - and especially fun now that Rhys is old enough to really enjoy the outdoors and whole camping experience. He loved it!!
I'm trying to think of events that especially stuck-out to me during the summer and one in particular was a special date Ryan took me on. We enjoyed a lovely dinner at a favorite restaurant, then went and looked at movie times to see if there was anything we wanted to watch - but we both were not up for a movie. Ryan asked if I just wanted to talk and possibly go for a walk. I thought that was the sweetest date ever, we had so much fun and I'm sure any of you who are married can appreciate the special-ness of just spending one-on-one time with your man. =) We ended up at the green for a round of mini golf, we had a lot of good laughs and may I just say that I won and so I had to gloat just a bit. =)
Afterward we stopped at the grocery and picked up everything we would need for banana splits, we then headed home and enjoyed desert with our wonderful sitters and good friends Ari and Laura. Rhys sure loved having them to himself all evening. =)
I'd have to say that stuck in my mind as one of our more special dates... that, and while we were in the mountains Ryan and I have some alone time hiking through the trees, rocks, and wading near waterfalls.
August I turned 25, I felt so old -- where has time gone? Our friends who are so sweet threw me a big bash and were kind enough to have streamers that said "over the hill" LOL!! How kind of them!! It was a really special night and I made it to sunrise before grabbing a few hours of sleep. A good way to wish-in a quarter of a century. =)
I also was able to shoot my first wedding for a very dear friend. It was such a beautiful wedding in so many ways - it was really hard not to tear-up during the whole night, I am so excited that my friend has found and married such an amazing and loving man. You can tell right away that he adores here and he would give her the world. It was so special to capture their wedding day for them!
A week latter Ryan had the privilege of being a groomsmen for a good friend of his, I must say it was one of the most fun and beautiful weddings I've ever been to!!
A few days after the wedding we 'officially' found out we were expecting baby #2! We 'knew' as we had planned to get pregnant in August, but of course the test confirmed it. =)
Getting pregnant again was in a lot of ways a hard decision, I'd wanted to since spring but just didn't feel the timing was right - and of course having gone through one HG pregnancy already I was scared to try again.
After a lot of research, and support from family and friends I took the plunge. The first month was not too bad - but thereafter I spent in bed miserable as ever. I must say though, it was not near as horrible as what I went through with Rhys. I was able to finally leave my bed for good late November - and although still sick each week brought me more energy, and less sickies.

So that was mainly the extent of my Fall, I really feel like I missed fall being in bed and not even sure what was going on around me at all.
It seemed as soon as I was out of bed it was Christmas, and even though that was crazy and draining I managed to get through only getting sick a few times.
We enjoyed a very special Christmas together, Ryan and I developing some of our own traditions, not to mention a two-week vacation for Ryan!! I sure am going to miss spending every day with him when he goes back to work!! =(
The end of this year ended well, we were able to get a new vehicle (an anniversary edition grand caravan) which was much needed!! Our $1 car lasted a good two years since we had it, it now on it's way to car heaven. =)
Ryan and I were able to end December with some really special times together, it's been refreshing to have some extra time to spend with just each other - I think that's so important for a couple.
My favorite moment, we were taking a drive to see the Christmas lights and Ryan started telling me how much he loved me. He said he thought he loved me so much when we got married, but didn't realize then that you could love someone beyond what you thought was your strongest love. Ryan tells me daily how much he loves me, but there is something even more special knowing that his love has grown for me more and more over the years and that he loves me more now then ever. That was the best Christmas present ever for me! =) I love him more then ever too, and I love that with each passing year we fall more and more in-love.
I'm so lucky to have married such a loving, caring husband - and it warms my heart even more to see how much he loves Rhys too.

We wished-in 2009 last night with dear friends, and somehow I managed to keep awake!!
I'm excited for this new year, I know it holds a lot of surprises and good things for our future - not to mention a new little edition to our family!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

(disclaimer: I know this is a non-typical end of year letter lol, excuse my ramblings!!) =)

No comments: