Wow, I'm getting a little behind on blogging. Seeing as I cannot sleep, maybe rambling on will lul me to that place I really wish to be right now!!
Let's see.... not a very exciting week really, just catching-up and getting back into the grind. It's Ry's first week back to work since Christmas (boo), I miss having him around all day. *sniff*
Monday I went and picked up those clothes for Rhys, only to find out it was a very small bag of NOT size 3T, but sizes 5-6T and would most likely not fit Rhys till he is in grade one. Talk about false advertising. Lucky me I know someone that has three little boys, so I shall pay-it-forward so to speak and give them the clothes.
Normally I would keep them on-hand for 'down-the-road' but we are seriously bursting at the seems here and I still need to get baby clothes...etc....
So back on freecyle, FB, thrift shopping, sales, and hand-me-downs I go. Did I mention NO-ONE in Lethbridge has sons?? Well, that's what it seems.
I've decided I don't like our 'new' wal-mart. It has NOTHING. Seriously. If you go to the south-side wal-mart you will find that they DO still have winter footwear, they have a loonie rack where you can get perfectly fine clothes for $1, it's just clearance. Not to mention there is a price difference between the stores. I'm not even sure why that is, but I've found some items to be $1-$3 more at the north-side wal-mart then the south-side. Ridicules.
Leah popped by today for coffee and lunch with the boys, and brought me some baby and maternity clothes - yay!! She has pretty good taste as far as clothes goes, and is really good about finding non-maternity clothes that work as maternity clothes. We're really limited here as far as maternity shopping goes. The only store I know of is Thyme Maternity and it's a little pitiful to say the least.
Oh how I"m ready for 'normal' clothes again!!
Oh, and I'm ready for spring too!! We've had RECORD snowfalls this winter, wow... at first I thought snow would never come - now I'm thinking it will never go away.
Although I'm sure all this snowfall will be really good for the farmers, and hopefully a LONG green summer. =)
I made Manicotti for supper tonight, it turned out quite well. The first time I made it I had a hard time stuffing the noodles - this time I only boiled them halfway and they were MUCH easier to fill. I had tons of filling leftover though, so maybe I'll venture and make stuffed shells or something. :)
Ryan wants me to start making smaller meals so there are not so many leftover; I seriously cook for a family of six, not two and half ppl. I'm trying to remember to half recipe's, even quarter them. I may need to find smaller casserole dishes. lol!!
It's 'sorta' a new years resolution in a way, and so far so good! We've had leftover burrito filling but that's freezable, other then that just leftover pizza and that makes GREAT lunches. =)
Well this isn't making me any more sleepier then I was - I only had ONE coffee today and that was at 11:00am, how can it still be effecting me???? *sigh*
No comments:
Post a Comment