Today I didn't do a lot, even though I have a large to-do list that I want to accomplish before Monday. I couldn't sleep last night, as hard as I tried! I think it was around 3:00 am that I finally fell asleep -- and morning seemed to come very fast after that.
I did manage a power nap around 1:00 today, but other then that I just felt really exhausted and sick all day long. =(
I did push myself to do a few things though, finish making/freezing soup, clean the kitchen, make a lasagna, meal plan, take a shower, and do some tidying.
I hope this ill exhaustion helps me to sleep tonight.
I've been thinking a lot about the new year, resolutions, and how I can save us money. I'm pretty good at being frugal - but I"m sure there are ways where I can really stretch myself.
Rhys, growing like a weed just doesn't justify buying brand-new clothes when he will be out of them by summer. I had fully stocked his dresser/closet with winter clothes certain they'd last him threw till summer. YEAH RIGHT!!! I've noticed this last week that everything seems short and tight on him.
For those of you with children you will know that children's clothes are often more expensive then adult clothes. Yes there are those great deals you can get in on but here there are not many children's clothing stores.
If any of you have ever heard of freecyle it's a great thing! I posted on there today that I'm looking for size 3T boys clothes and not five minutes later a lady posted that she had sizes 3-5 to give away!
Now I certainly hope that lasts Rhys till summer! It's the same with shoes, I just CANNOT bring myself to pay $40 for a pair of shoes he will wear maybe 3-4 months. Lucky me I got his last pair for $4.00 at Wal-Mart! A steal of a deal for sure!
So that's my good start to being more frugal and thrifty - and yes I'm picky about what Rhys wears, I like him to look nice, not worn-out... but I've found lots of brand name, and other clothes that look BRAND NEW that are secondhand so really there is no reason he can't look great even in second hand clothes. =) (I'm sure he'll care MUCH more when he's older... tehe, but until then!!!)
This snow is unreal, I don't know if I've seen so much snow in all my life! Actually, I can think of one time when I was a child -- but it might have seemed like more snow because I was a kid. lol.
I'm wondering when we will get a Chinook. We sorta had a 'slight' one but not enough to melt away that much snow.
Each time I look out the window I'm just amazed that it's STILL coming down!! Ryan mentioned that we have enough snow we could build Rhys a snow fort on our front step. LOL! So true!
Well that's my blabbing today... I had more to say but my tiredness has somehow erased my memory. lol!!
1 comment:
How much do you have in measurement then? We did have 18" but its turned into melt and freeze ice now. I'm tired of seeing it for nearly a month now.
Great tips for finding kids clothes! They do grow so quickly. We have freecycle and yardsale on yahoo here and also craigslist is great!
Post a Comment